QYAC facilitates traditional Welcome to Country services, cultural performances, tours and presentations on Quandamooka Country. Cultural heritage monitoring services and a range of business services on Quandamooka Country are also available from QYAC.
It is traditional to Welcome to Country people who visit these land and seas. Quandamooka Elders or Traditional Owners can be engaged to perform Welcome to Country for your event. We can also advise you in customary Acknowledgement of Country and paying respects to Elders past and present.Email QYAC Administration
Quandamooka traditional dancers are able to be engaged for events. We will do our best to help facilitate your engaging the performance group for your event.Email QYAC Administration
You are invited to learn of our Aboriginal culture with Quandamooka Tours. Come, experience traditional song and dance as old as time.
On the beautiful sub-tropical sand island of Minjerribah in Quandamooka Country, encounter Koala, Kangaroo, Dolphin or Whale in the wild. Maybe even learn to throw a boomerang and have it come back! We offer a wide range of world class tour opportunities: - Whale Watching Tours
- Koala wild encounter, history and conservation tours
- Cultural and Wildlife experience tour
- Meanjin to Minjerribah Cultural Cruise (from Brisbane CBD to North Stradbroke Island)
- Mirriginpa Helicopter Tours
We encourage universities to get involved in existing research projects being conducted by QYAC and our partners as well as contacting us regarding new projects in the region. The Quandamooka people have lived and cared for North Stradbroke Island and the surrounding islands and waters for thousands of years and are valuable sources of information. QYAC can also provide cultural tours, presentations and demonstrations in line with your curriculum.
We believe developing an understanding of the history of Australia prior to European settlement is important which is why we will work with you to develop interactive and engaging activities to capture the attention and imagination of children of all ages. Corporate group presentaions are available also.
Our Cultural Heritage team has an intimate knowledge of the environment, traditions, rituals, areas of significance and artefacts of the region and offer valuable consultation and facilitation services to ensure cultural heritage obligations are achieved.
The Quandamooka people have a strong connection to the land and waters of Moreton Bay. We aim to protect both the tangible and intangible aspects of our culture that have been a part of our history for thousands of years while still harnessing opportunities for growth and progress.
– Cultural heritage management advice and guidance
– Site assessments including clearance for works to be carried out
– Development of cultural heritage compliance procedures and assessment of obligations
– Development and implementation of Conservation Management Plans
– Photographic and archival recording of sites and artefacts
– Artefact analysis and removal if necessary
– Cultural Heritage Awareness training
QYAC Business Services (QBS) is a business unit in QYAC. Our staff and sub contractors carry the skill set required to fully service the wide range of outsourcing and service needs of our clients. Our project and contract management staff have many years experience across a wide range of projects and can assist through the entire project lifecycle, from concept, planning through to execution and delivery and finally, documentation management and project close.
QBS also provides valuable advice and guidance regarding the various legislation relating to Cultural Heritage obligations in the region as well as specialised knowledge in community engagement for the Quandamooka people and access authority to areas for work to be carried out.
By engaging QBS you are providing tangible economic and employment outcomes both for Aboriginal people and local businesses on North Stradbroke Island.
Our aim at QBS is:
- To provide quality project services to industry and government that fulfil their obligations under current legislation and agreements in the region.
- To assist the economic development aims of the Quandamooka People.
- To enable local island industry and business to compete successfully for work.
Business Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm
Call: 07 3415 2816
Visit: 100 East Coast Road, Dunwich, North Stradbroke Island
Post: PO Box 235, Dunwich, Queensland 4183